Last updated on 28th July 2019
Aatman Training Center for Graphology, its subsidiaries and branch operations hereinafter referred as ‘Aatman’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is committed to respect your privacy and choices. The statement highlights our privacy practices regarding Personal Information that we collect and store about you through this website and also for those Personal Information that you provide us while participating in our events and campaigns.
- Personal Information we collect and process and how we use it
I.1 Personal Information that we process
For the purposes of this privacy statement, ‘Personal Information’ is any data which relates to an individual who may be identified from that data, or from a combination of a set of data, and other information which is in possession of Aatman.
In general, you may browse our website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. However, we collect certain information such as
- Information that you provide via our website, including information you provide when you register on our website e.g. name, email address, designation, company, country and telephone number;
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this Site, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, demographics, your computers’ operating system, and browser type and information collected via cookies
- I.2. Use of your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide better usability, troubleshooting and site maintenance;
- to understand which parts of the website are visited and how frequently;
- to create your user ID;
- to identify you once you register on our website;
- to contact you and respond to your questions or requests; and
- to provide access to desirable content based on your preferences.
- to process job application and alumni related requests, more details about which are available on corresponding portals of this website.
I.3. Legal basis of the processing
We process your Personal Information when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are the party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. This applies in any case where we provide services to you pursuant to a contract, such as when you use our website or process your registration on the website. If you do not provide the Personal Information that we need in order to provide our services, we will not be able to provide our services to you. We process your Personal Information for the performance of a contract in the following circumstances:
- to provide better usability, troubleshooting and site maintenance; and
- to create your user ID.
We process your Personal Information when it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party (when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights). This applies in the following circumstances:
- to identify you once you register on our website; and
- to contact you and respond to your questions or requests;
- to understand which parts of the website are visited and how frequently; and
- to provide access to desirable content based on your preferences.
- Consequences of not providing Personal Information
If you choose not to provide your Personal Information that is mandatory to process your request, we may not be able to provide the corresponding service.
III. Data recipients, transfer, and disclosure of Personal Information:
Aatman does not share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes without seeking your prior permission.
We share your Personal Information within
- Aatman or with any of its subsidiaries;
- Business partners;
- Service vendors;
- Authorized third-party agents; or
In general, Aatman, domiciled in Pune, India, is the data controller processing your Personal Information. The following applies only where the data controller processing your Personal Information is domiciled in the European Economic Area (“EEA”):
We transfer Personal Information to countries outside the EEA to third parties, including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. Our service providers are primarily located in India. Where service providers process your Personal Information in countries deemed adequate by the European Commission, we rely on the European Commission’s decision to protect your Personal Information,
For transfers to Aatman group companies, if any, and service providers outside the EEA, we use standard contractual clauses or rely on a service provider’s Privacy Shield certification or a service provider’s (EU data protection authority approved) corporate rules that are in place to protect your Personal Information. When required, Aatman discloses Personal Information to external law enforcement bodies or regulatory authorities, in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Access, correction, objection of your Personal Information:
You have the right to access, correct, delete or transfer your Personal Information that we hold, including your profile and preferences. You also have the right to object to certain processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your Personal Information, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your Personal Information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Information.
You can assert your rights in the corresponding sections where such information was provided or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data security
Aatman adopts reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures including administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard your Personal Information.
VII. Data retention
Personal Information will not be retained for a period more than necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law or for directly related legitimate business purposes.
VIII. Linked websites
Aatman provides links to third-party websites and services. However, Aatman is not responsible for the privacy statements, practices, or the contents of such third-party websites.
- How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or this privacy statement, please contact us at:
- Updates to this privacy statement
Aatman may change the data privacy practices and update this privacy statement as and when the need arises, and the same will be made available on the website. But our commitment to protect the privacy of website users will continue to remain.